drank Oolong Formosa by ZenTea

I just can’t decide how I feel about this. It’s a really good tea, but I think I like the aftertaste better than the actual taste? When I’m actually drinking it, it tastes kind of like wood, but it smells great and the aftertaste is really clean and kind of earthy-sweet. I’m also not getting an incredible amount of flavor out of it, I think I’m going to try steeping it just a liiiiiiittle bit longer and see what that does for it next time—it’s like either I oversteep it and it tastes like a tree, or I understeep it and it tastes like nothing, but really clean nice nothing. I think as I experiment with this more, I’ll like it more.

MJ is 23, plays with arts and crafts and words and meanings, and prefers a side of tea with her lovely rainy days.

I’m a big fan of Japanese greens and of dessert-flavored black teas. Oolongs too, but my love affair with them has been dying, although I could pretty much subsist on Kwan Yin. Also, I will pretty much automatically love anything with popcorn in it, despite not liking actual popcorn.

Not a huge fan of chai or jasmine.

I’m really fond of seasonal teas, so I’m likely to give something a try if it’s specifically for spring or fall or what have you.

I should mention that I am a complete newbie, despite my enthusiasm, and that I probably sound like I know far more about tea than I actually do.

Mad props to ZenTea for keeping me sane and being delicious.

Atlanta