drank Rose Tea by Golden Moon Tea

Second sampler from Golden Moon. Used some rock sugar when steeping, like always.
Ever since I started drinking loose teas, i have never bought a black tea. So making a black tea from loose leaves just felt very odd. I am also usually not a fan of flower teas, even though they always smell so fantastic (just like this one did before I steeped it)

So here goes, first sip. Weird. I definitely taste the black tea and it tastes so good, but then the rose flavor comes out, and all I can think of is how absolutely flowery it tastes. I’m trying to resist the urge to put a splash of milk in, since I’ve become accustomed to black teas with milk. That might make the rose flavor taste worse.

It’s definitely not a bad tea. The more sips I taste the more I seem to like it, but it just still doesn’t grab me, it’s still a little hot though so my tongue is probably not catching all the flavors.

Ah yes, as it cools down the flavor definitely is more potent, and I like the tea quite a bit. The flavor of the rose petal is quite odd though making this a tea I most likely would never drink or purchase in the future.

Daily tea drinker.

Whether it’s hot or cold outside, there is a cup of tea in my hands. I love all teas, but white and oolong are my favorites. I tend to find one tea and drink it every day until I run out (or get sick of it).

There’s not much variety in what I drink, so tasting notes are few and far inbetween. I try to log every tea I drink at least once… and if I spend to much time perusing the many teas all you lovely people drink I would surely go broke trying to drink them all.

NY