Here we go, third sample from Golden Moon. After having sushi for dinner, I felt it was only appropriate to have a Green tea afterward. This will be my first time having a Gunpowder tea though.

It steeped to an almost amber/brown color, which seems a bit odd since the sampling packet calls it a “golden green” . The smell, well, honestly I can’t smell much of anything from it. My sense of smell is very bad though.

First sip. woah, did I steep this right? It tastes quite bitter, or maybe that’s the “smokey” taste. It’s almost hard to tell. Aside from that instant taste of bitter/smokey it seems to be almost flavorless. It’s got quite a bitter aftertaste as well. All I think I can chalk it up to is steeping incorrectly, because if this is the right flavor, I don’t know…

Daily tea drinker.

Whether it’s hot or cold outside, there is a cup of tea in my hands. I love all teas, but white and oolong are my favorites. I tend to find one tea and drink it every day until I run out (or get sick of it).

There’s not much variety in what I drink, so tasting notes are few and far inbetween. I try to log every tea I drink at least once… and if I spend to much time perusing the many teas all you lovely people drink I would surely go broke trying to drink them all.

NY