Another record breaking temperature, at 75 degrees. Having a floor on the third floor really bites, and makes me want to do anything BUT drink hot tea.

So I tried to make an iced tea. Using my 16oz tea maker I put around 6 teaspoons, and steeped for 2 minutes. I put it into my teapot and then put a handful of ice in. I repeated this with a second steep.

The result?? A little tart and a tad watery, apparently I still am not so good at brewing iced tea. My roommate liked the result, but I like more of a flavor to my ice tea. And when i tasted the tea before putting ice in it was EXTREMELY flavorful. I must have put too much ice in, even though I didn’t think so.

Oh well, maybe next time I will have more success.

Daily tea drinker.

Whether it’s hot or cold outside, there is a cup of tea in my hands. I love all teas, but white and oolong are my favorites. I tend to find one tea and drink it every day until I run out (or get sick of it).

There’s not much variety in what I drink, so tasting notes are few and far inbetween. I try to log every tea I drink at least once… and if I spend to much time perusing the many teas all you lovely people drink I would surely go broke trying to drink them all.

NY