I bought this tea because I needed to love a flavored white tea, and this was the rave suggestion from the friendly staffer. Not to mention it smelled devine.

I made it following the DT directions, and the result can be described as such:
Take strawberries and 1 dirty gym sock and allow to sit in water overnight. It should pretty much equate to my first experience with Organic Strawberry White.

What a (disgusting) disappointment! But I have a new hope. Now that I see everyone saying that it should only be steeped 30 seconds, there is a chance that this tea can redeem itself in my eyes. I’ll try to pluck up my courage this week, and will let you guys know about it when I do.

EDIT:
The moment of truth!

I am now trying this previously detested tea with a steep time of only 30 seconds, annnnndddd….

It’s much better. Unfortunately, this tea is still not wowing me, but I think I may quite simply not like strawberries in tea.

It is no longer drab and disgusting. Instead, it is rather light and floral, with a strong strawberry flavour, especially in the aftertaste.

This won’t be a tea I’ll restock once I’m done, but now I’ll be able to finish off what I had bought!

Previous rating = 5
Updated rating = 50

Faith

I hope it works out for you, since this is one of my favourite flavoured whites… good luck!

Kay Kanada

I really hope so too!! Especially since I have 50g of it!

Comments

Faith

Kay Kanada

I really hope so too!! Especially since I have 50g of it!

Age 2 – Stealing sips of orange pekoe from my Grandpa’s cup.

Age 4 – Being spoiled by my Nanny with my own cups of tea.

Age 13 – A mug of camomile from my mother to accompany a good book.

Age 17 – Strong black tea with milk and too much sugar to wake me up for school.

Age 18 – A tea (or five) a day keeps the doctor away.

Age 19 – Exploration and experimentation. With loose leaf teas at “Un amour des thés” in Montréal.

Age 22 – I embrace DavidsTeas with open arms.

Laval, Québec