drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

OK, I have to get this out there before I go any further. I strongly dislike the smell of this tea, whether in the bag or in the cup. That being said, I have tried it twice now. The first was in a simple no-fuss tea with no additives. Meh. Not a fan.

The second was today, following the DT recipe: 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp of brown sugar and Pumpkin Chai on the stovetop. I had no hope for it turning out well (I should probably mention that I don’t like chai teas).

Verdict? I don’t like the smell. I don’t like chai. So then why do I actually like this?? It tastes nice and pumkin-y, and the milk makes it a creamy fall drink. I actually steeped it for only 4 minutes compared to the suggested 5-10, and will definately steep longer next time. Not a favorite, but I might actually enjoy going through the 25g I bought. Huh.

Age 2 – Stealing sips of orange pekoe from my Grandpa’s cup.

Age 4 – Being spoiled by my Nanny with my own cups of tea.

Age 13 – A mug of camomile from my mother to accompany a good book.

Age 17 – Strong black tea with milk and too much sugar to wake me up for school.

Age 18 – A tea (or five) a day keeps the doctor away.

Age 19 – Exploration and experimentation. With loose leaf teas at “Un amour des thés” in Montréal.

Age 22 – I embrace DavidsTeas with open arms.

Laval, Québec