Wow. Just wow. I think this tea is by far the biggest surprise I’ve had in the tea department to date.

I got this as a Christmas gift (the straight tea collection) and had no hopes for it because:
a) I have my daily breakfast tea
b) The assam I got a couple years back from Un amour des thés was hopelessly disappointing

However, decided to make this to help me focus on the boatloads of work I have to do thanks to UdeS (why am I on Steepster, again?) and am happy I did.

First impressions – Dry leaf smells like black tea. Sorry, I have a very unrefined nose. Black is black is black to me. Brewed, however, and you get a… sweeter? aroma, much smoother than what I’m used to.

Taste – Very smooth and rich. Absolutely no bitterness, even though I oversteeped it a bit. Very, very pleasant.

Loveability – I will definately love it while it lasts. I might even (gasp!) drink it in the morning in lieu of my DOB. But, in all honestly, it would have to be comparable in price to DOB to make it worthwhile for this student to switch over, especially at the rate I go through a tin. And I suspect it isn’t… Overall, a wonderful black tea!

Age 2 – Stealing sips of orange pekoe from my Grandpa’s cup.

Age 4 – Being spoiled by my Nanny with my own cups of tea.

Age 13 – A mug of camomile from my mother to accompany a good book.

Age 17 – Strong black tea with milk and too much sugar to wake me up for school.

Age 18 – A tea (or five) a day keeps the doctor away.

Age 19 – Exploration and experimentation. With loose leaf teas at “Un amour des thés” in Montréal.

Age 22 – I embrace DavidsTeas with open arms.

Laval, Québec