drank Roasted Barley by Wang Globalnet

This is just roasted barley, but I’ve never had it before, despite living next to a Korean grocery store. I was in the store today looking for an herbal tea to drink. So I bought some roasted barley to try it. I brewed it on the stove, 1/4 a cup for about 16 ounces of water. I boiled the water and added the barley and then continued to boil it for 5 minutes. And I added some honey.

Anyway, I like this brew. It’s malty and roasted tasting, which is unsurprising. I will probably keep drinking this through the winter. I don’t have much to say other than that.

EDIT: I made a second batch of this with a bit less barley, as I was looking over the recipe I was using and I realized I probably used too much. The second batch was not nearly as good. Anyway, for me, I think this brew needs 1/4 cup for about 12-16 ounces of water.

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York