drank Jasmine by Hsin Tung Yang Co., Ltd.

I’ll add an image tomorrow.

Anyway, I bought this at the store because I loved the tin. It turned out to be even better than it seemed, as it has an inlayed top that seals the tea before the actual top of the tin is placed on.

I wanted a tea to serve me as a light afternoon tea. I don’t like green tea much, but I like jasmine tea better than standard green tea, so I bought this at the store. It’s actually pretty lovely. It’s light, and it brews pretty much perfectly. The bottom of the pot was a bit bitter, but the tea was good.

I did not try for a second steeping today. I will try tomorrow and update my tasting note then.

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York