drank Lemon Lime Kampai by Teavana

Okay, so this is an old tea. I have no idea how old, but I know it’s been discontinued for awhile. So it’s old. The only reason I own it is because I was purchasing a Venture Brothers shirt for my boyfriend (I almost never call him that, but I guess we’ve reached a point I can’t pretend he’s not) for Christmas. I guess the eBay seller sells a lot of random things, because this tea was listed there for like 2$ with an extra 1$ for shipping. I thought—well, what the Hell. It’ll be old, but for 3$, why not?

This tastes well, slightly old, but it’s not bad yet. And I like this tea. I was complaining in the forums about how much trouble I have with herbal teas. I actually really like herbal teas, but they aren’t tea. Not at all. Rooibos tea disappoints me the most, because it doesn’t have the same kind of different and expressive flavors of herbal tea. Rooibos is also really sweet and weak. And this tea is sweet and fruit-y, which is exactly what I don’t like in Rooibos blends.

But I like this. It won’t suit me to replace tea; it’ll always be the kind of thing I drink when I want something else. But it tastes—well, like soda, and not in a way that makes it weird I’m drinking hot, flat soda.

I’m glad I bought it, although I wish for tonight, I had brewed a cup of Whispering Pines’s Nevermore herbal blend which is maybe my favorite herbal blend ever and which does taste like a great tea replacement. I’ll have to do a whole Whispering Pines super log when I finally work up the energy to do it. I am so smitten with the Nevermore tea, I’m too intimidated to write about it. (haha, and super log meaning a whole 2 teas.)

I didn’t rate this tea, because it’s old. But as it is now, it’d probably around a 65%.

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York