drank Winter Nog by Della Terra Teas

I got this in the Christmas Card swap from Khaleesical. The card I was sent was adorable! I got quite a few samples of tea, but since I didn’t make it to my parents’ house where I had all my tea sent until very late.

Anyway, this tea is odd for me. I like it, but it’s nothing like I thought it would be. I thought it was going to be more nog flavored, by which I mean more egg nog flavored. The Rooibos has a naturally vanilla scent, which works for a nog flavor. But the tea itself has no vanilla accents, despite the fact the blend smells, dry, like vanilla. Brewed, it’s heavier than vanilla, and I taste the tea, and even more than spices. I taste something kind of heavy, which I did not expect (it does not smell heavy at all!).

Even though this tea is so different than I anticipated, I like it. It still doesn’t satisfy my need to find rooibos teas that make me not miss regular tea, but it does taste lovely. It’s a great blend, just maybe for other people.

Khaleesical

Glad you liked the card! I had to give it to someone, haha.

Comments

Khaleesical

Glad you liked the card! I had to give it to someone, haha.

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York