drank Tropical Nut Paradise by Teavana

I like this a lot more than I anticipated. The last tea I tried from my Teavana sale box was so terrible. I was actually scared to brew something else from them from the same order. Thank God I like this tea. I’m always kind of on the fence about Rooibos teas. They can be so sweet and kind of flimsy to me. But this tea has real body, and I appreciate that. It is pleasantly nutty and it has a malty-sweet underpinning I cannot quite describe. It reminds me of something else I cannot place. I hope I bought 4 ounces of this, too, but I bet I didn’t. Obviously, I can’t always judge what I will like and what I will dislike. Teavana has been mostly misses for me these days.

Anyway, I’ll add this to my list of acceptable nighttime teas.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York