drank Golden Fleece by Verdant Tea

I got a sample of this from IfJuly, and I really appreciate it. This is a great tea. The first tea I brewed this morning was super disappointing, and I’m glad my tea drinking was redeemed. This is a light black tea, one which brews a soft yellow color and has a very fragrant, floral aroma.

The unbrewed tea is really attractive, as it consists of fuzzy golden leaves which are fairly large and unrolled. When the water hits the tea, the leaves release a smell of earthiness and twigginess. The leaves do not unfold, because they are so unprocessed to begin with, and instead grow to a deep brown color.

I am drinking my third steeping of this tea, and I think each steep has been better than the last steep. I’m happy with this tea, and I’m so glad I brewed it.

Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
ifjuly

glad it worked out after all!

Comments

ifjuly

glad it worked out after all!

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York