drank La La Lemon (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

I’ve been drinking a lot of this tea. It’s light, and it works as an everyday tea well, especially if I need to brew something for a day where I just want a black tea to drink and not necessarily to spend a lot of time with.

I decided to do a tasting note today, because the pot I brewed is especially good. I don’t know what I did differently, but the tea is better than usual. The lemon flavor is not very distinctive. I prefer my lemon teas a bit more lemon-y. The tea, though, is bright and sweet, and I do like it. I just wish I was more excited by this tea. I really want a lemon tea that I just love. This isn’t it.

I bought a lot of this tea kind of by accident. I had this blip in my head and bought 100g instead of 50g. But I’ve been drinking it, so I’ll probably make it through my stash. I do really like the David’s Tea tins. This was my first purchase from David’s, so this is also my first tin.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Memily

Aw how sweet. I get very sentimental about things, I love that this was your first tin!

Kat

I’m sentimental about things like that too! I’m also really obsessed with having the right kinds of tins, so I was glad this one made a passing grade.

Comments

Memily

Kat

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York