drank La La Lemon (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

So, this is a sip down kind of, so I thought I’d write up my final thoughts on it. I brewed a really nice black tea this morning, but the cucumber tea from yesterday leached into my pot and ruined it (not the pot, the tea!). I managed to wash out my teapot with soap and also the infuser basket, and when I brewed this, it turned out right. I over brewed it a bit, unfortunately, but it’s still good.

Oh, yeah, and I think my tea kettle is broken, which is going to make my life a hassle until I replace it. It just isn’t working this morning.

So I made this tea with water heated from the stove. I’m drinking it while eating these delicious vanilla scones I made. I like this tea. It’s become my go to tea. I pretty much drink it all the time, because it’s light and normal and easy to drink. I don’t think I’ll be replacing it now that it’s gone, but I did drink a lot of it when I had it.

I still have a few teaspoons left, but they’re inside my tea-to-go bag, so I officially cleaned out my tin. I’m having trouble getting the sticker residue off the side, but otherwise, it’s good to go.

I do want to find a lemon tea I like better. But for now, I’m done with this one. It was a good first David’s Tea purchase.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York