drank Passionfruit by Adagio Teas

Wow, for once, I’m actually being diligent about my tea log. I feel special.

Anyway, my favorite Adagio flavored tea, in fact, the only one I’ve ever really loved, was the Guanabana, which has been discontinued. I’m sad about that, and I still am. This tea, though, is similar, and for that, I’m glad I tried it. The Passionfruit tea has all the attributes I liked in the Guanabana without the weird kind of over-ripe fruit taste that was so prevalent in the Guanabana. Unfortunately, I loved that aspect of the other tea.

However, this is still one of the best Adagio flavored teas I’ve tried for me. The fruit flavor is bright without being too fruity. It’s definitely sweet, but the sweetness is a kind of sour sweetness which compliments the quite astringent Adagio flavored tea base. This does taste slightly unusual, although it’s not so unusual as to be bizarre or even too tropical.

Ultimately, I like this tea. It’s a tea I might some day buy again. It’s not the Guanabana tea, but it does satisfy an itch I’ve had for awhile since said tea was discontinued. I wish I could detach how I feel about this tea from how I feel about that tea, but I can’t, and I’m sorry for that.

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York