drank Pom Tango by DAVIDsTEA

I’m so bad at spacing out tasting notes. I go days without posting any, and then I post more than one. It’s a terrible habit.

So this is my second cup of tea for the day. My first cup of tea was a really great cup of tea. This is a really great cup of warm juice. Dry, this tea is one of those teas with a lot of dried fruit and additives and not much tea. I only bought 2 ounces of this, so I didn’t have a tin, and I had to fish around the little pouch in order to get a mixture of both tea and dried fruit in my scoop. I see the dry tea in this. It’s a dark black leaf, and it is there. It expanded a bit in the tea bag I’m using to brew while my teapot is out of commission. I see it. But I don’t taste it. Not at all.

In fact, this cup of tea does not even resemble a cup of black tea. It brews to a light orange color. It really does look like juice.

With all of that said, I actually quite like this tea, which does surprise me. I don’t tend to like fruity teas, although I guess I do like tropical kinds of flavors. This is sweet. I do get mango notes, and I’d say that’s about all I get from it. However, it is satisfying in a — I want something sweet way.

I probably won’t drink it often, but it’s good, I guess.

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York