drank Lemon Chiffon by Red Rose

I’m almost done, I swear!

Anyway, I picked up a few bags of this at the New York Coffee & Tea Festival, and it is one of two grocery store teabags I found at the festival I liked.

At first, though, I found this tea way too sweet. I don’t taste much tea, but the more I drink it, the more I like it. It is a very sweet tea, but it is interesting. It’s very cake like and also quite lemon. The lemon flavor also manages to taste like lemon without tasting like cleaner or soap, which is lovely.

This is a decaf tea, and I have been drinking it at night. I’ll miss it then, as this is my last bag. I have no idea where I can actually buy this tea. It’s a Canadian brand, and I haven’t seen it around. If I do, I’ll probably grab a box. It’s not life changing, but it’s quite pleasant.

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York