3 tsp. leaf to 500 ml. water in the Breville at below parameters. Added half and half and sugar.

This is a very coffee-esque tea to me, and I think it’s mostly because French Vanilla is a popular flavoring in coffee moreso than tea. And because when I used to drink coffee I drank it with milk and sugar, so it really looks and smells the part once it’s been prepped the way I like it.

Fortunately its not coffee – and as strong as the vanilla is at the front of the sip, the Assam comes in just as strong to finish and remind me that it is tea, and a very well balanced one at that. Perfect for a breakfast wake up!