And…now we’re up to date!

This was my birthday tea of the week, so I had to order it. That and it combines some of my favorite tastes, so this was a no brainer. :)

The dry leaf smells dizzyingly (is that a word? I’m suddenly not sure, but it fits haha) buttery. Buttery caramelly. And then there’s the spice of the pumpkin. I don’t get much cheesecake other than a kind of tang, but that’s good enough for me.

I’ve mentioned that I’ve cut out sweetener, but another thing I’ve also done in the past few months is to cut out wheat products (for health reasons, boo!) so that means that traditional cheesecake and pies are off limits to me.

But I can at least get them in tea form! And OH MY GAH does this deliver. I steeped about 1.5 tsp. leaf at the below parameters and the steeped smell of buttery sweet pumpkin made me swoon. Or keel over with joy. Whatever, I’m a dramatic person who hasn’t put her nose near a baked good in a while. But still it was pretty fantastic, even if you are a person lucky enough to get to experience these things for real.

The taste was very strong on the caramel with lingering pumpkin spices after the swallow. One thing I’m not getting, though, is the cheesecake tang – maybe milk will bring that out? Will give it a shot next time. Which will probably be happening in the morning.

If I can get that cheesecake out, I’ll give it a solid 100 for sure – but otherwise it’s still a really amazing tea!

LiberTEAS

I would also recommend holding off on your next tasting of this one for another week or two to let the flavors do some mingling.

By the way… happy belated birthday!

JoonSusanna

Thanks! I will definitely try to let it do its thing – although it is so good as is I don’t know that I can wait that long!

Comments

LiberTEAS

By the way… happy belated birthday!

JoonSusanna

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong