drank Coconut Cream Pie by 52teas

Okay – trying this tea out with the coconut milk added (because DOUBLE COCONUT! Also because there’s no other type of creamer, but let’s all be positive!). I recently transitioned to a paleo/primal diet, which is very heavy on the coconuts. The oil, the flour, the milk, the flakes… they’re practically in a food group by themselves now. Luckily I’ve always loved coconut, or I’d probably have had a harder time with the transition!

Anyway, back to the tea. This is hands down one of my favorites from 52Teas. It’s a new batch, too – which may mean I need to tweak the parameters just a bit to get the results I want. I wonder if my tastes have changed or actual batches can vary just enough to require this?

The smell is decadent, though I’m not getting much hint of pie crust. I do get lots of coconut and sweet cream, though. As for the taste, I think the coconut milk may have overwhelmed the more delicate crust note – its more of a coconut custard in a cup. (Which really isn’t bad at all.)

Yup, as its cooled, no crust note, just a lovely thick mouthfeel and the taste of coconut and cream. Maybe an extra 30 seconds or minute steep will help tease out that crust flavor. Note to self: try that next time!