The last of my free samples from David’s…prepped at the below parameters with a splash of milk.

The dry leaf smell is INTENSE chocolate. The darkest kind of chocolate which is fine with me because I love dark chocolate. And also, something else…it’s vaguely spicy but I don’t necessarily think spicy. If anything it’s got kind of a chemically smell that I’m not fond of and I hope doesn’t have any say in the final taste.

Uh, yeah. It does. At first you are kind of sidetracked with the dark chocolate, which I think the milk nicely complements, and then you get slammed with something… I’ll go with chemically and medicinal. It’s pinging some kind of taste memory, but I can’t quite place it. Ugh. After it goes from chocolate, to yuck, there’s that pepper burn that is only slight and fits with the whole chai motif.

I’m not going to be able to finish this one. The beginning and end of the sip are fine, but that middle part totally drops the ball and ruins it for me. Again – uuuuugggghhh. I’ll be back shortly with a different tea once I rinse toss this. :(