I don’t know why I forget about this tea. But it seems like what usually happens is I go through my standard favorites, then I want something new, and then I look in my cupboard on here and remember I have some and usually get up to make a cup as soon as this happens.

It’s like my ace in the hole or something. But I’m glad for it this morning, after the disaster my tongue just dealt with. Prep details – 2 tsp. leaf in 10 oz. of water with a splash of milk. Used the below parameters for steeping.

This is amazing. Maybe it tastes even better comparatively, but right now it is REALLY hitting the spot. A lovely vanilla/caramel/custard (I think someone used the term honeyed and they are totally right) with the perfect chewiness. It’s almost coffee-like in texture, too, which is a huge plus as I love tea with body to it. Honestly, if I put a pinch of salt in this I’d probably get the salted caramel flavor I envisioned from David’s Tea.

And it was in my stash this whole time. That’s kind of embarrassing.

Hmmm… this isn’t in the permanent collection with 52teas, though. Does anyone know if Frank still does the bulk (1 pound) reblends? I’d love to have it with me forever..

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

As far as I’m aware, he does still do them.