The biggest achievement of this matcha is that my boyfriend PICKED IT OUT to try. He will not drink a.) flavored anything (except mint), or b.) milk in any hot beverage. So the fact that he had this period, let alone as a latte = BIG DEAL over here.

Perhaps the bigger deal is that he liked it! He was just as surprised as I was, haha. I used about 2 level tsp. to 4 cups milk (I figured while I was at it I’d make some to have cold for breakfast in the morning – I am curious as to what this would be like cold) that I heated in a saucepan to around 175 degrees using a digital thermometer. And then I put it in a clear mug so he could see the mint green liquor underneath a thick layer of foam – I think the fact that it’s green makes me feel smug because I’m being healthy but also indulging 100%.

This is definitely on par with the tiramisu matcha as far as the flavor accuracy is concerned. I get the spices (which makes for a very cozy drink) with the pumpkin flavor showing up at odd intervals, usually when I’m not looking for it. :) Though I didn’t add sweetener to it, the combination of pumpkin pie spice flavors and the natural sweetness of the milk puts this squarely in dessert territory. Just where I like it!

Absolutely wonderful. I’m already planning out my next order!

175 °F / 79 °C