So, I placed a MASSIVE David’s Tea order yesterday and am currently in the process of updating my tea cupboard (in real life and here, incidentally) to take stock of my tins, space, and cull out some teas that I can tell by smell are past their prime (urgh. I hate wasting tea).

While I pulled out my little bins I found this unopened packet, though – the last of the four matchas I ordered from Red Leaf teas and one of the highest rated flavors on Steepster, if I remember correctly. Woo hoo! Time to go through my stash while drinking a matcha latte – my Sunday just got awesome!

The smell of the dry powder was perfectly caramel – made me want to just skip the latte and eat it, haha. Which, I do confess to licking some residue off my fingers and upon tasting it remember it is matcha and not just straight caramel powder. I sifted 3/4 tsp. of it and added it to 10 oz. of warmed milk, and whisked everything together before drinking.

The milk and matcha made a surprisingly sweet latte! I didn’t add any sugar but it really didn’t need it – there was creamy caramel and green tea both equally present in the flavor from start to finish. This was easily as good as the tiramisu and pumpkin pie flavors, and better than the bavarian cream.

Seriously – fantastic stuff, this matcha. Anyone considering order from Red Leaf Tea absolutely should. The quality and flavor of all of it is amazing!

175 °F / 79 °C