drank Gingerbread Chai by 52teas

Backlog from Thanksgiving morning!

I really should know better than to try a new tea on vacation. The attention to detail that I would normally give it just isn’t there, you know?

Anyway, I got this from my iHeartTeas order (thank you so much Rachel!) wherein I also picked up my French Vanilla Black Assam. Since I like gingerbread I figured I’d try it. And the smell of the leaf was promising – I got whiffs of ginger cookies and the traditional chai spices – cinnamon, mostly, but I could visually pick out the cardamom pods, and the black tea was in small pieces – just like the Yogic Chai blend I love.

I added my usual splash of milk to this – but I can’t really give you specifics on steep time/water temp aside from that I think it was boiling, and I think I let it go for 5 minutes.

I also am pretty sure I’m going to have to tweak this, because I wasn’t too fond of what I got. The ginger was there, but it was more of a medicinal ginger in taste. And the black tea was astringent even through the added milk. I think this definitely has potential, but I also think that I will have to wait till I get home (tomorrow afternoon) to really be able to rate it fairly.

So, until we meet again, gingerbread chai….