drank Gingerbread Chai by 52teas

Backlog from Saturday..

Boyfriends parents walked with us around downtown Asheville today and it was SO. COLD. So after about an hour of walking around we headed back to the house, and I brought this up to try and make a latte with. His mom came over and pretty much said “make me some, too”. So, even though I wasn’t exactly sure how this was going to work out, and even though I didn’t want it sweetened, I complied.

2 cups milk, 2 cups water, 4 tsp. tea, and 1 tbsp. sugar split three ways. More or less steeped for about 10 minutes.

I HATE being put on the spot with a tea I’m not confident with. Especially given the medicinal note that came out when I steeped the tea the first time. I know how picky boyfriends’ parents are and I just didn’t feel like wasting tea leaves if it turned out they didn’t like it.

I guess they didn’t mind it, though, because they drank it. Even though I thought it could have used more leaf (can’t wait to get home where mugs are normal sized and I can measure things better!) it did have a pleasant ginger note, but I didn’t get any other specific flavors, just a general spiciness. Another tsp. of tea leaves would have probably made it better, but oh well.

At any rate, it was nice to drink this and read some fiction while watching the cold sky outside slowly darken. Even if it did start to do that at 5:00. Oh, winter…