drank Gingerbread Chai by 52teas

Argh! I have a giant David’s Tea order that I placed 11 days ago that I’m still waiting on (couldn’t have been put in at a worse time, really, since it was the Saturday night before Thanksgiving week)! And there is so much new tea in it that I want to try….but I can’t, yet.
So, boo.

But I can use this time to really pay attention to this tea – get the leaf ratio right for a latte, add the right amount of milk and a small amount of sweetener to really formulate my opinion of it.

And survey says….meh.

There’s still that medicinal ginger note that I get when I take my first sip. That eventually seems to fade out as the tea cools, but if I go away from it for a while it creeps back in again.

I think part of the problem is also the type of ginger flavor – I was expecting some sweeter cake/bread notes but it’s more of the harsh bite of ginger ale. It does add an extra dimension of spice to the chai, but at the same time it overwhelms rather than balances out the other flavors.

It’s still drinkable – just not my favorite 52Teas blend..

Boiling 8 min or more