The smell of this dry is easily one of my favorite things – I easily get strawberry shortcake. If I had to give this a rating on smell alone it would be 100. I hope it tastes as good as it smells.

Steep notes – 2 tsp. leaf, 8 oz. water, a large splash of whole milk and the below parameters.

I had this earlier in the week but never got around to logging it. But my steep time was longer and I think that really made it too astringent. Also, maybe it was my tastebuds but at the time I didn’t get a lot of strawberry, either. I hope I can fix that!

Once steeped, the smell turns fresher – if that makes sense. It smells like I pulled cake right out of the oven! The strawberry is there, too! Taste-wise, this definitely has a hint of sweetness to it – sugary sweetness rather than berry sweetness. There is a cake note and the milk makes it extra creamy. I’m still not really getting as much strawberry flavor, though. Maybe it shines best in a cold brew? I made some up to brew overnight in the fridge so we’ll see.

Still, it is quite good- and if that strawberry can be a little bit more prominent, then it is a definite reorder for me!