It’s been so long since I’ve had this – WHY?

Steep notes: 6 g. leaf, 500 ml. water, no additives, below parameters.

I love Dan Cong teas. LOVE them. They are very heavy in their flavors: roasted, honey, apricot, earthy notes separate and combine themselves all at once in a sip. The mouthfeel is nectary and heavy too, coating the inside of your mouth with a lingering honeyed sweetness that I’ve read is trademark of a good dan cong.

And the smell! I still get the salty tang of the sea air. How can it smell and taste so radically different?! This is just…amazing.

The steeping time for this is apparently the sweet spot, too – only a very tiny bit if astringence as it cools, and really it enhances rather than detracts from the flavor.

If I knew how to do them, there would be a row of hearts here instead of text….this really hit the spot tonight!