Cold brewed this: 3 tsp. leaf, 14 oz. liquid (2 oz. milk, the rest water). No sweetener. Steeped for 24 hours.

The color of this kind of reminds me of strawberry Nesquik – you know, how it turns milk that pink color? It isn’t as pronounced, but there is certainly a pink tinge to this once brewed! The smell is also JUST like the dry leaf – which makes me so happy because the scent alone is one of my new favorite things.

Taste-wise, there’s the strawberry shortcake! When cold, the strawberry REALLY comes out and dominates over the shortcake, which is the way it should be! I think I should have done a more milk/less water ratio because it’s a tad thin and watery for my tastes. Every once in a while there’s a sweetness from some of the added brittle pieces in the leaf, and the creaminess from the milk adds to the overall flavor.

Next time I’ll balance the water/milk more and I think it will be perfect -I’m having no trouble drinking it as it is, though!

Iced 8 min or more