drank Oh Canada! by DAVIDsTEA

I love the flavor of maple – and I’ve been wanting to try a maple flavored tea for a long time. I figured a Canadian company would probably know what they were doing as far as maple was concerned, so I went ahead and added this to my order.

The smell of this one dry did make me hesitant, at first. There was definitely maple there, but also something else that didn’t quite fit. That weird chemical note that seems to appear more often than not in the dry leaf scent of their blends. I’ve learned by now that once it steeps that fake smell disappears, so I hoped it would be the case with this one too.

Steep notes: 1.75 tsp. leaf, 10 oz. water, no additives, below parameters.

Once steeped that chemical smell does go away- leaving what looks and smells like pancake syrup – YUM! And even more awesome, this TASTES like maple syrup! There is a definite sweetness and even a kind of buttery note that makes me want to pour this over a stack of pancakes and eat it. Seriously WOW.

I didn’t really get any hints of rooibos in the tisane itself, but then I did kind of suck this down fast because it was SO GOOD. It does definitely make me want pancakes or waffles or something breakfasty and sweet.

I will definitely be keeping some of this on hand!

Ashley Bain