drank Cookie Dough by DAVIDsTEA

Got a free sample of this in my DAVID’s TEA order.

I was surprised that it was a white tea, because to me, cookie dough is a heavy flavor that warrants a black base. Of course, this could also be because I had the Milk and Cookies blend from 52teas last year and that was a black tea blend.

This is one of David’s blends that has a chemical smell to the leaf that somehow hot water makes disappear, leaving behind a surprisingly accurately named flavor behind. There was an off chocolate scent… it almost reminded me of the smell of those chocolate orchids – kind of a cheap, artificial chocolate.

Despite the difference between black and white teas, both Cookie Dough and Milk and Cookies tasted similar to me. Taste wise, though, I think this one fares better than 52teas blend. It actually tastes more like chocolate chip cookies – but not the raw dough. Bummer, because I am that person that likes the dough more than the final, cooked result.

I’m glad I just got this as a sample, though, and not a bigger amount. It met expectations, it just isn’t to my particular taste. Oh well – I have a growing list of favorites from David’s, anyway, so I’m not deprived or anything!