drank Alpine Punch by DAVIDsTEA

This was a sample that came with my David’s Tea order – yay for free samples!

So when I smelled the dry leaf all I could think was that it reminded me of Cha Yen Thai from Teavana. And that smelled like some cherry almond hand lotion (not a bad thing- it’s just what it reminded me of). So I sort of get amaretto, too.

Steeped, the smell is much the same- this seriously is still Cha Yen Thai all over again. Looking at the ingredients between the two, the only thing that’s really different is apple versus pineapple. So…that’s probably why I think they’re similar! This one does have a fruit punch sort of note when I drink it plain, which I don’t remember in Teavana’s blend. Actually, the sip kind of alternates between fruit punch and amaretto. I don’t really think the flavors go together, though, so I’m going to add milk to see if that gets rid of the fruit punch and brings out the amaretto.

Yeah, the milk helped. It’s pure almond/creamy goodness now. With some background spice that the apple overruled before. It’s definitely good for this time of year, and I can see why it’s so popular, but I’m glad I just got the sample size. It doesn’t stay cold long enough here for me to enjoy 50 grams of this!

2nd steep: Okay, this has more apple/cinnamon notes to it! I am going to bump it up a few points because it’s a completely different tea from the first time around!