drank S'mores by Della Terra Teas

So this is my first order from Della Terra teas, and this is tea I picked to try first since it was the reason I even placed an order. I have to say a huge thank you to them for sensing my need for instant gratification, too – I ordered this Sunday night and got it today (Wednesday). It’s like they knew me and my impatience, haha.

Steep notes: 2 tsp. leaf, 8 oz. water, a splash of milk, below parameters.

I got this mainly after being disappointed by the Toasted Marshmallow Tea David’s has out right now. The name of that really put me in the mood for s’mores, and I ordered this hoping for a semblance of toasted marshmallow flavor. Okay, here goes!

…..Um.

Well, the above silence was me drinking 3/4 of my cup. You know how someone who has been without water will try to gulp it down once they have access again? I pretty much just did that with this tea.

This tastes and smells exactly like s’mores, but also manages to preserve a good balance with the black tea. How are there graham crackers in here? How are there marshmallows?

This is amazing. Like, let me just get a huge tin ready because this is going to be a permanent tea in my collection. It’s a good thing we’re planning on moving to a bigger place in a few months, because the rate I’m going my tea will need its own pantry!

EDIT: I went for a second steeping of this (ended up being 10-15 minutes steep time) and though it’s thinner, with the added milk it tastes almost like hot chocolate – the chocolate and marshmallow are more prominent than the graham cracker now but it is still really good. And no bitterness or astringence is evident from the base either – this tea is magic.

Ashley Bain

Smores are one of my favorite things ever. I’ve gotta get this!

JoonSusanna

You definitely won’t be disappointed – it’s amazing!

Tea Sipper

Yeah, the S’mores were the one reason I ordered from DT too!