drank Salted Caramel by DAVIDsTEA

I am a genius!

So tonight I wanted tea and hot chocolate but couldn’t decide between the two. Suddenly I remember that I have this tea. I loooooove salted caramel anything, and I’ve had the Starbucks salted caramel hot chocolate but it was way too sweet. So I figured I should maybe give this a shot at home, to see if I can tone down the sugar.

Steep notes: 1 tbsp. hot chocolate mix (from Penzey’s), 8 oz. milk, 4 oz. water, 0.5 tbsp. leaf. Steeped on the stove at the below parameters.

OMG this was unreal. The smell is milky caramel and cocoa. The Penzey’s mix has cinnamon and vanilla in it so I’m getting a more complex hot chocolate flavor with caramel mostly at the end of the sip. Definitely similar to Starbucks, without all the extra chemicals. Definitely amazing – this is by far my most favorite way of drinking this.

Now I know what the remainder of this tea will be allocated for – and I might have to get more of it (if I even can) just to recreate this at will.

So. Yummy!

Miss Starfish

Yum! Sounds amazing!

Kittenna

Ohhhh you are clever! I should try this (although I’m out of Salted Caramel atm).

Kasumi no Chajin

now I am interested in this tea. Reminds me of my mixing a bit of milk into Numi Chocolate Pu-erh for a great cocoa like treat, and Numi Morrocan Mint with Numi Chocolate Pu-erh making a mint chip tea that is lovely on rare occasions I want sweet.

JoonSusanna

@MissStarfish: It was pretty fantastic – I definitely recommend giving it a shot if you can!

@Kittenna: haha, thanks! I was super proud of myself. Oh, btw…I sent the teas you wanted out on 12/20/12 (I hope that was late enough!) but since they’re coming from the US it probably hasn’t made it there yet. But be on the lookout!

@Kasumi: It’s a decent tea – but it had to grow on me. It’s best like this, with the hot chocolate. It’s amazing what milk can do to some teas, I think – it can really round out the creamier desserty ones..especially the chocolate based ones!

Kittenna

Awesome, thanks! Given all the holidays, I’d have to assume that it hasn’t arrived yet, but if it has, at least it will be small enough to have been put in the mailbox instead of sitting on the front porch. I made Futureshop and DavidsTea orders while away, and am hoping the DT doesn’t sit on my porch for a few days… the Futureshop one I cleverly thought to send to my boyfriend though!

Just let me know via PM if you’d like stuff in return/what you’d be interested in. I have lots of stuff from Verdant, Butiki, DavidsTea… now Simpson & Vail too!

Comments

Miss Starfish

Yum! Sounds amazing!

Kasumi no Chajin

JoonSusanna

Kittenna

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong