drank Almond Biscotti by Teavana

As I’ve rummaged through my tiny little tea drawer (that’s currently overflowing) lately I keep finding my tin of this that really only has a scant amount left in it. It’s SUPER old so every time I pull it out I have to think – should I throw it out?

It still smells so good, though! Even though smell and taste may not be the same, I went ahead and figured I’d make it today and if it tasted okay then I’d keep it, and if it didn’t – well, at least I’d know so it wouldn’t be staring me in the face EVERY TIME I reach for some tea to drink.

Also, decupboarding PROBABLY wouldn’t be a bad thing, considering I’ve got some Verdant on the way. (side note: should have ALREADY gotten here, stated as delievered yesterday by the USPS, but NOT in my mailbox and the apartment office isn’t open again til tomorrow. GRRR.)

I’m still amazed that this tastes really good! In fact, it’s almost like it’s gotten better with age. Definitely almond cookie, and even though I steeped it a while, with 1.5 tsp. leaf to 8 oz. water with a splash of milk, it is not astringent at all. Weird.

This is probably the last teavana tea I have in my cupboard, and since I’m not fond of going into their stores I wouldn’t buy it (or the newer iteration of it – I forget the name) again. But I have to say it has held up really well!