drank Earl Grey by Lupicia

This was from the 2012 Happy Bag- I can’t believe it’s almost time for another one!

I saw the thread on here about the new happy bags this year, and the different price points, and I have to say, I do think the Happy Bag is a good value for the money. It was a super good introduction to Lupicia for me….but unfortunately I realized I’m far too picky to just go blindly into a tea grab bag. Oh well, live and learn.

This was one of the teas I really enjoyed from the lot, though. I got the bagged version which is very strongly bergamot when dry. Like, can’t get to close to the bag or you’ll get a headache strong. Even a year later, this is still the case.

Steep notes: 10 oz. water, below parameters, no additives.

This time around the Bergamot is WAY stronger than the base, which seems kind of weak tonight. I really wouldn’t have thought this was Keemun because there is no hint of smoke. Still, it’s very smooth if a bit unbalanced. And I only have a handful of these bags left, so I may take them into work because I’m sure if anything can get me through a night shift, this can.

P.S. Also it’s my Breville’s 2nd birthday today – can’t believe it’s been two years! I also can’t believe I devote so much brain space to tea that I remembered when I bought that sucker, but I digress. Happy birthday Brevy!