(FAIR WARNING: go ahead and skip this next paragraph if you aren’t in the mood for vitriol.)

The Universe is conspiring against me getting my Verdant Tea order. USPS delivered it up to my apartment office Saturday but didn’t bother to update their site telling me that until 8:00 PM. And then my apartment office is closed on Sundays. Apparently it’s also freaking closed on NYE, too. And tomorrow. So I’m probably not even going to get to try these teas until Friday at the earliest being that I work 12 hour shifts Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Even though I had PLENTY of time Sunday and today to enjoy the heck out of them.

(END RANT, deep cleansing breath)

Anyway. I keep meaning to have this but then for some reason another tea will swoop in and look more desirable at the last moment, so I set it aside. But not tonight – not when this is the closest thing to alcohol I’ll be drinking on an alcohol based holiday.

The dry leaf smell always makes me step back because for some reason it is super alcoholic smelling in the tin. I always have to sort of shake it around a bit to get whiffs of the tropical coconut that I much prefer.

Steep notes: 1 tbsp. leaf, 8 oz. milk, 8 oz. water, coconut nectar to sweeten. Made latte style on the stove.

Yum. I love the coconut vanilla taste in this. There is a tropical feel that must be rum-ish but it is not the strongest note. It’s vaguely pineappley, if I have to describe it as anything, but only the sweet part of the pineapple, not the tart. Kind of that pina colada taste that you get with pineapple and coconut together.

It’s gone already, boo. Maybe I’ll make the coconut cream pie tea next – this really put me in the mood for more coconut!