First tea of the year!

Steep notes: 1 tbsp. leaf, 500 ml. water, a splash of milk and sugar.

I love love LOVE night shift. I know some people switch their sleeping habits back and forth to be in the land of the living when they’re off, but I feel like all that’s happened with me is I’m finally able to KEEP the way I sleep the same now, since I had to change my habits to fit in on days. Anyway, it’s awesome and I don’t ever feel sleep deprived and can just take my time without worrying about being late/traffic/etc. LOVE.

So now that it’s okay for me to stay awake until 3 or 4 am on non work days I spend alot of extra time reading/drinking tea/being on Steepster when I’m off. Like last night, when I practically made a spreadsheet out of my cupboard and what was tinned, what wasn’t, what I was almost out of, etc. I figure it was a virtual spring cleaning of sorts.

This one went into the category of ultimately not being replaced. It’s a limited blend anyway, so that works out. I like that you can taste everything – caramel, pumpkin, a hint of cheesecake at the end – but I can’t drink pumpkin all year round. I can enjoy it while I have it though, so that’s what I will make a point of doing.

Happy new year everyone!

Tor Lumière Marie

That tea sounds absolutely amazing. I’m not a massive pumpkin fan (it’s not a case of disliking it, it’s more that we don’t really have anything pumpkin-flavoured in the UK?) but caramel and cheesecake? Love. Happy new year!

Comments

Tor Lumière Marie

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong