drank Red Velvet Cake by DAVIDsTEA

Note #400!

So, red velvet cake is basically just dyed chocolate cake, right? I mean that’s what I’ve always assumed – never got anything really super special about it. With this tea, I get a cake note but more of a caramel taste than actual chocolate. Although if I’m not thinking too hard about it that caramel will sometimes transform into a chocolate flavor -especially with milk. I definitely don’t get icing, though. Just the cake part. But honestly, I’m someone who likes my cake and icing separate so I’m okay with that.

I have a soft spot for cake tea of all kinds, it seems, so I’ll likely keep this one around for awhile!

Alphakitty

Red Velvet is also made with buttermilk, so it’s a bit tangier than regular chocolate cake. not sure if you can translate that to tea, though.

Comments

Alphakitty

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong