I should definitely be sleeping after my shift but…I got my Butiki order and my Teavivre one so I couldn’t just NOT try something.

And I am not going to lie, I bought this based on someone’s description of this being like stewed prunes. I love stewed prunes – my mom used lemon instead of orange slices, and no cinnamon (though when I told her about a cinnamon stick addition she was intrigued), but it was always so good!

I don’t think I get prunes here, though, but that’s okay. I get more of the plum, followed by a sweet cakey note, which makes sense because that’s what this tea is named for. The smoothness of the oolong base runs along the bottom of the sip, reminding me that this is, in fact, a tea. A really great one, too!

As it cools it stays predominately fruity – I get kind of a tang moreso than a distinct citrus flavor. And it does reveal some astringence, but I’m too impressed with the flavor to care. This was my first Butiki tea and I am soooo impressed – I can’t wait to try some more!

and so it begins…Stacy’s got her hooks in you now :)

Comments

and so it begins…Stacy’s got her hooks in you now :)

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong