I feel like as a rule I have very definite tastes that very rarely deviate. Tea-wise I’ve mostly learned what those are, but occasionally something sounds SO GOOD that I’ll just go for it anyway. That was the case with this tea: orange isn’t my thing, so much, but marshmallow and chocolate really, really are. So, into the cart it went. :)

The dry leaf reminds me of Earl Grey Creme, just with chocolate. This is starting out pretty awesome, I must say. I gave it to my boyfriend to smell and he couldn’t tell what it was, just that it smelled sweet and kind of citrusy. I like when he volunteers to smell things without knowing what they are because it’s like a single blind study for me. :)

Anyway, following Butiki’s parameters I did 1 tbsp. leaf to the 500 ml. in my Breville. It brewed up a light brownish orange, and smelled the same as it was when dry – creamy orange dark chocolate. And it tastes just the same! Dark chocolate and orange are equally present throughout the sip, with that creamy undertone rounding out and supporting those two flavors rather than standing out in its own right. Yeah – this doesn’t need anything added to it.

This was blended SO WELL, you guys. I mean, I’m relatively late on the Butiki bandwagon but I cannot stress enough how if there’s ever a blend that Stacy makes in the future that sounds good, I’m going to have to get it because it WILL taste just like it’s supposed to. Man I’m so excited to tear into the rest of my order from her!

awesome! so glad you enjoyed this one.

JoonSusanna

It’s pretty fantastic, almost like a chocolate orange, but even better!

Cavocorax

I’m happy you enjoyed it! I picked it up and am expecting it ANY DAY now!

(runs upstairs to check)