drank Tamarind Pop by Butiki Teas

Yay! A free sample from my Butiki order!

I am pretty unfamiliar with tamarind but given the descriptions others have written of this tea, I was also pretty sure I’d like it. Still, I was hesitant to take the plunge and order a whole ounce. Luckily, Stacy asked if she could include any samples with all the other teas I ordered and it didn’t take me two seconds to jot down this one and the strawberry oolong as my choices. :)

Steep notes: below parameters, one sample packet, 8 oz. of water. No additives.

I know that everyone has said sugar makes a world of difference, but. It really, really REALLY didn’t need it. Maybe it stopped me from getting the authentic taste. As it was though I got a cream soda (think vanilla/caramel) with a tannic bite at the end to remind me this was still tea…though it could have been accentuated by a sour note most are attributing to the tamarind itself.

And, by not adding sugar to the sample I’ve pretty much made it mandatory to get an additional ounce of this when I place my next Butiki order – you know, all in the name of experimentation!