drank SoHo Blend by Harney & Sons

Given the smashing success I’ve had with Hot Cinnamon Spice at work, I decided to order one more Harney blend to see if I could have a little more of a selection. Because I need variety everywhere, even places where there’s no way to brew loose tea. High maintenance tea-phile is high maintenance!

I’ve wanted to try this one for forever because well – the idea of a Mounds bar meeting a black tea was tantalizing. I looooove coconut….coconut cream pie from 52Teas is one of my most favorite teas and for sure in my staple collection, so I was eager to compare this one to it.

Steep notes: 1 bag, 8 oz. water, milk and sugar added.

The smell of this dry was not as awesome as I’d hoped. I think it’s the chocolate note, to be honest – something was cheap/off about it. I could get coconut, but any chance of smelling the tea was lost because of that overwhelming weird chocolate smell. Once brewed, it becomes a little less fakey smelling and the coconut comes out more. The coconut is creamy and very reminiscent of 52Teas, which makes me happy.

The taste of the chocolate is surprisingly authentic, and it balances the coconut well! But – the texture is disappointingly thin. Maybe a little less water next time? Eh – I added milk and sugar to help.

The milk and sugar round out both the texture and add enough sweetness to really make the mounds bar aspect pop. It’s quite palatable like this – unfortunately, it’s a little more involved than I wanted it to be, since this requires having both sweetener and creamer on hand to prepare it. I suppose I’ll leave it at home, but even so, there are both other chocolate teas and coconut teas that I prefer, so I won’t be replacing this one once it’s gone.