What. a. week. It started with a light tap on my car bumper, and pretty much ended with calling a code on my floor at work. I’m glad it’s Friday, and I’ve got today and tomorrow (and most of Sunday) off.

My schedule is really wonky since I work nights now, but I was up to greet my boyfriend as he left for work and decided to make a latte out of my first time with this tea. It was definitely a good decision!

Steep notes: 2 tsp. leaf, 1 cup milk, 1 cup water, and 1.5 tsp. sugar.

This reminded me very strongly of the pumpkin chai from David’s Tea, in terms of spices and pumpkin flavor. This didn’t have any real ginger or cardamom, though – I mostly got cinnamon. There was also a custardy note (probably really helped by the milk and sugar) and it did kind of remind me of creme brulee! I went ahead and steeped the tea for the length of the cup and there wasn’t any astringence, either.

I will say that though 2013 is shaping up to be and has already been a rough year so far, I at least have discovered good tea to help guide me through it. The little things, right? Between Butiki and Della Terra I think it’s a good thing I’ve got some extra income on my hands….

A few of my favorite teas (in no particular order):

*Dessert flavored blacks
*Breakfast blends
*Virtually any black tea (but lapsang/keemun!)
*Dancong oolong