drank Gyokuro Imperial by Teavana

This poor tea…

I killed it with both steeping time and hot water. My mom still loved it, but I thought it was too astringent for me. She said “it tastes like spinach water” and, as she is someone who totally drinks spinach water on occasion, I guess that’s not a bad thing. :)

Before it cooled and became too astringent, though, I thought the thick brothy texture was tasty. The dry leaf looked like grass clippings and it reminded me of spring. I can’t wait until it actually is spring again!

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: