As I got this ready in the Breville this morning I just kept thinking ‘huh – a black tea at 170 degrees? Wonder if it’s a Darjeeling base?’

And then I realized I probably didn’t get enough sleep. Because duh – oolong.

Anyway, 4 g. of this (new tea scale, yay!), to 500 ml. water in the Breville, no additives.

I typically don’t drink oolongs in the morning but it worked out okay since this goes pretty well with some oatmeal. The cinnamon really emphasizes a cake-like flavor, while there plum note comes across just as strongly. And yet, the oolong keeps it all from being overly heavy. When I really think about it I get some orange at the end of the sip, but otherwise that isn’t very prominent for me.

Quite yummy on this Saturday morning!

When it comes to tea, I feel like the 10th Doctor says it best: