It’s so funny how teas can taste different no matter how close you get to the same parameters. I had this one prepped the way I’ve done before (and liked) – and for some reason the strawberry came off artificial tonight. It was like strawberry candy with a slightly bitter note from the black tea base. Milk and sugar were then added as reinforcements.

That took the edge off and made the cup more palatable. Hmm… I guess next time I’ll go with 4 minutes because that’s where I’ve settled on black teas for the most part.

The dry leaf smell is just as heavenly as I remember – it is one of my favorite smelling teas that I own. Strawberries and custard…. makes me want some right now!