This was a free sample from a DAVID’s order a month or so ago.

I’d forgotten about it really, but I’ve had a lot of tea already today and figured I should stick to something not black this late in the day.

The dry leaf smelled like oatmeal to me. I think because it had a strong cinnamon note and then was kind of appley too? And when I think apple cinnamon, oatmeal tends to be the main food type thing with that flavoring. Smells kind of good, actually, but I’m ambivalent about apple cinnamon flavored anything so I’m not particularly riveted here.

I’ve never had stevia before and I’m kind of nervous because I HATE the taste of any sweetener that isn’t honey or sugar. Agave is too thin for my tastes, and even Splenda has something off about it that doesn’t work. So I’m assuming stevia will stick out like a sore thumb.

Now that it’s steeped something smells medicinal. Boo – I want the apple cinnamon back. I can’t taste any added sweetness from the stevia – but maybe it’s the culprit for the fakey taste? Blech. I’m only getting cinnamon flavored water – this doesn’t even have any oolong flavor to it. In fact, if I hadn’t seen the leaves I’d have though it was an herbal.

Nope, this doesn’t work for me at all – I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to finish this.